My girl turned 10 years old in January. Back then she decided that she wanted a summer party in our garden instead of a birthday party during the cold winter.
I was perfectly fine with that solution (truth be told, I’m more than okay with that solution), and these days we’re planning the party, printing out stuff and deciding on what food to make. It’s a fun mother-daughter activity.
Here’s a selection of the things she wanted to buy at Urban Outfitters for the party.
1. Swan Pool Float
2. Pineapple Ice Cube Tray
3. Corn on the Cob Skewer set
4. Pineapple To-Go Sipper Cup
5. Watermelon Beach Ball
6. Flamingo Ice Cube tray
7. Watermelon Sipper Cup
8. Flamingo Watering Can
9. Cactus light
For more inspiration check out my pinterest board Party Moments. I’ll share some ideas about the food in another post.
I’ve been keeping this list for quite some time now, because I wanted to share some of it here on the blog. I’m not having a bad day today, but I’m trying to be more focused on things to do, when you feel like it’s going to be a bad day. Stay more positive and find the best in everything.
1. Waking up to a clean kitchen.
2. Laughing so hard that you almost (or do) pee yourself.
3. Listening to your favorite new song over and over again.
4. Rereading your favorite book.
5. Wearing a new outfit for the first time and feeling really good about yourself.
6. Listening to thunder when you’re under the covers.
7. When you’re the perfect amount of drunk with your friends.
8. Accomplishing something after wanting it and going after it for a very long time.
9. Getting a good seat on your commute home from work, or driving home with no traffic.
10. Returning home while someone’s in the middle of cooking a delicious meal.
11. Going out to dinner with people who you have truly genuine and enjoyable conversations with.
12. Getting inside right before it starts pouring rain.
13. Putting on flannel pajamas after a long day.
14. When someone reminds you that, no matter what, you’re never alone.
I’ve picked out some of my favourite ones above. For more read the rest of the 50 Of The Happiest Feelings To Remember On A Bad Day.
Image: I’m pretty sure I found it on Mija if not please let me know
The kids have been at soccer camp all week, and my husband and I are still busy with work. Two weeks to go before I can sit back and enjoy my summer holiday with the rest of the family.
But I’m planning to rearrange a few things in our home before that. Last weekend we ended up buying the Ikea bed for my daughter, which I mentioned in this post. She’s crazy about it. Last night we watched The Karate Kid (her for the first time – and me reliving one of favourite childhood movies) in her bed. We both slept in it last night, which was really cozy. The bedding from Sirlig, which I mentioned in the last post as well is on sale right now, and I just clicked two home for the family. My daughter has been talking about it for ages, so I hope I’ll get an OMG out of her when she sees it.
We still need to decide on prints in her room. I’m not into a whole wall filled with Christopher posters, so we’ll need to find a middleway. I’ve been collecting a few free prints on Pinterest, and then we’ll find a few together.
All three prints are free. Find the Throw kindness around like confetti here, the Everything is awesome print here and the moon phase print here.
It’s all about decorating our tween’s room these days. We’ve been talking about buying a new bed for our girl for quite some time. Some of you might remember me writing about building a ‘storage bed’ for her earlier this year. We kind of left it at that. But now we’re at it again. Trying to find the best solution for us and her. And buying a bed she’ll like in a few years time as well. She’ll turn 11 in January, so the bed has to be fit for a teen.
She’s taken an interest in decorating, and she likes to watch videos about decorating. I’ve been watching some of them with her, in order for me to help her find the things that she likes. We’ve come up with this list so far. We’re not certain about the bed yet, but right now it’s on top of her list.
Black Wrong London lamp from Hay | ampersand print | Strokes bedding | House Doctor Drops vase pink | Kopardal bed | Hello Kuddfodral pillow | Wildflower quilted blanket